Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homemade Granola



I love good Granola, but I really hate spending a fortune on it. So here is a recipe for some homemade granola I love to make. I like to change up my ingredients a little, but this is the version I made today.



Homemade Granola

3 cups old fashioned oats
¼ cup ground flax seeds
½ cup whole flax seeds
½ cup sliced almonds 

Combine on a cookie sheet. In the meantime in a small saucepan combine


¼ cup honey
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup chunky peanut butter

Melt over medium heat until creamy. pour over oat mixture and bake in a 250* oven  for 45-60 minutes
( stirring every 10 minutes)
Let cool before adding ½ cup of craisins and ½ cup of golden raisins.
We love to eat this with some yummy yoghurt  or with some almond milk for breakfast. yum

No comments:

Post a Comment