Monday, April 4, 2011

Baking Day/ PMS Bars

Today was my baking day to prepare some snack foods ahead of time and stick them in the freezer  in order to have those foods on hand on busy days. This is one of the recipes I made. I came across this some time ago on Food.com. I liked the name and since I had all the ingredients at home I figured it was a good day for some chocolate. These are absolutely wonderful!

PMS Bars

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter                                                                           
1 1/2- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chopped peanuts ( optional)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chip
1 cup vanilla chip
1 cup broken salted pretzel

  

Directions:
                                                                                                            
  Preheat oven to 350°F.
  Melt butter in 13x9" pan in the oven.
  Remove from oven and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter.
  Mix well and press firmly into bottom of pan.
  Pour condensed milk evenly over crust.
  Sprinkle chips, peanuts( if using) over condensed milk
  Sprinkle broken pretzels over chips, and press everything down firmly with a spatula or fork.
  Bake for 25-30 minutes (edges should brown a bit).
  For best results, cool in pan completely before cutting into bars.


This post is linked to:
 Tasty Tuesday




5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Now if this didn't help curve the PMS nothing will!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha not only do these sound amazingly tasty, I LOVE the name of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look dangerous...and just the thing that would be worthy of the name! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting you from Tuesdays at the Table. couldn't resist the name. And now that I've seen what this recipe is all about, I can't resist it either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to pop over here from Jen's after seeing the name of these bars. I totally get it now - lots of sweet and a little salty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete