Since my dear, sweet son #2 takes forever to get ready in the morning I am always on the lookout for a quick, make ahead, eat on the go kind of breakfast. When I came across this wonderful looking recipe I couldn't wait to try it. After some changes to the original recipe this is what I ended up with.
No-Bake Rice Krispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
2 1/4- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
2 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup honey, or 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup dark raisin, or a combination of different baking chips, nuts, dried fruit
( I used about 1/2 cup golden raisins and 1/4 cup craisins)
1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi- sweet, milk chocolate or white chips will all work. I used a combination of leftover baking chips.
- lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine Rice Krispies cereal, oats and raisins, nuts ( if using).
- In a saucepan stir the honey or corn syrup and brown sugar until just at a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl; mix to combine.
- Mix in chocolate chips (if using).
- Transfer the mixture into prepared baking dish, then using slightly wet hands push evenly down into the pan.
- While the mixture is still soft take a sharp knife and slice into desired size bars.
- Chill until firm. This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday,
Tuesday at the Table