Monday, November 5, 2012

Chocolate Fondue And A Roasted Chicken

On Saturday, day three of my personal slow cooker challenge, my DD was cooking so I decided to make a simple slow cooker desert. To keep it real simple I decided on a chocolate peanut butter fondue.
All ingredients combined in my little slow cooker

3 cups Reeses baking chips
1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
Sorry about this picture. It didn't turn out but it's the only one I have.
1 tsp Vanilla

Combine and cook on low for 45-60 minutes or until chocolate is melted. We ate this with Banana, Apples, Graham Crackers, Marshmallows.

What we thought. For a quick chocolate fix this might be alright, but it was sooooo sweet. I believe this is the first time in my life that these words even entered my brain LOL, but this was very sweet. I don't think that this will be a regular for my family.



On Sunday it was a whole Roasted Chicken in my slow cooker. I have done this before but I have issues with my chicken dissolving into nothing as it cooks in its own juice all day. Some time ago I read the tip to use clean tuna cans to elevate the chicken to keep it out of it's juices so I was anxious to try it out.

Whole chicken
Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Rosemary to taste

I forgot to take a before Picture so this is after about an hour. You can see the tuna can peeking out from under the chicken
I brushed my chicken with some olive oil, seasoned it, grated a little lemon zest on it and in the slow cooker it went ( right on those upside down tuna cans). I cooked this for about 9 hours.
What we thought of it. It did help to prop up the chicken. It held up better and you can't beat this for a convenient Sunday dinner. We had this with some steamed veggies, mashed potatoes and some homemade bread. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment