Thursday, November 1, 2012

I love My Slow Cooker And A Desert Recipe

I really love my Slow Cooker, I really, really do. So I challenged myself for the month of November to try to use it every day. So either for a full meal, a side dish or desert I will fire up my trusted friend each and every day. So for today I decided to make a desert to get the month of to a good start.I will be using my 6 qt. slow cooker since I am feeding 6 people most nights. So without further ado here is today's recipe.

Pound Cake
-1 package Pound Cake mix
-All ingredients listed on the box plus
-1/4 cup Brown Sugar
-1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
-1/4 chopped Nuts ( I used Walnuts)
-1 tsp Cinnamon

1. Spray your slow cooker with some Non Stick cooking spray.
2. Prepare Cake Mix according to instructions on package.
3. Stir in additional ingredients. Brown Sugar, All Purpose Flour, Nuts and Cinnamon.
4. Pour batter into slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on high 11/2 to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You could dust with powdered sugar, but I heated some Berry Pie filling and served cake with Pie filling over the top.

What did we think about it? This was a really good cake. Most slow cooker cakes I made before all had a pudding like feel to them . I don't quite know how to explain it but they weren't caked that you could cut into proper pieces.Not this cake though. It was light and looked and felt just like a cake baked in the oven, and thanks to the extra ingredients it had a streusel cake feel to it. I will definitely make this again and I know my whole family really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment