Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Slow Cooker Weekend/ Days 10 and 11

Yesterday we decided on an impromptu family fun day. Saturday is pretty much the only day of the week that we can all spend together as a family, but only if my DH doesn't have to work. Since  he was off yesterday we decided to head to the Museum of Nature and Science in Denver. We love that place and all the fun exhibits they have. We knew we would be gone all day so I put a roast in my slow cooker,salted and peppered it,  poured some V8 over it, put a pound of Baby carrots around my roast, lid on and turned it on low for about 10 hours ( it ended up cooking for 10 hours because we hit a snowstorm on the way home and that doubled our drive home). When we finally got home all my DD had to do was make mashed Potatoes and dinner was done. Yum! That is why I love my slow cooker.

    Today, Sunday I decided to make some Potato Soup since we had a big roast yesterday and sometimes I just need a break from meat.

Potato Soup for the Slow Cooker

8 cups diced potatoes
4 carrots, sliced
1/3 cup onion, chopped
6 cups Chicken broth
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed, softened
green onion or chives, chopped (optional)
Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
 
 
-Combine potatoes,carrots, onion, broth, and cream of chicken soup in slow cooker.
-Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
-Add cream cheese and blend.
-Top with cheese and chives or green onions before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment