Friday, November 2, 2012

Slow Cooker Challenge Day Two/ Spaghetti Sauce

So today is day # 2 of my on personal challenge to use my slow cooker every day this month. Since I had planed to make spaghetti tonight for dinner I went on the hunt for a recipe and this is what I found.

Best in Town Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce

1 1/2 pounds Sausage ( I used ground Beef)
1 large Onion, chopped
8 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Margarine ( I omitted this)
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons parsley
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon sugar
1 (11 1/2 ounce) can v-8 vegetable juice
1/2 cup red wine

-Brown sausage,drain and crumble into small pieces.
-Saute onions and garlic in margarine. ( I skipped this step and just added the onions and garlic straight to the slow cooker)
-Add to crock pot all ingredients.
-Mix well. 
-Simmer for 6-8 hours.
What we thought about it. This was very quickly assembled this morning and the smell was absolutely fabulous all day. This is a nice, thick sauce and the picky eaters in my family gave this two thumbs up. I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment