Thursday, November 1, 2012

Spoon Tender Steak

I made this last night for dinner and I have to say it turned out very yummy.
This looks like I put my food straight on the counter, but actually it is on a white plate  :)

Spoon Tender Steak

3 pounds Round Steak, cut into portion sized pieces
1  28oz. can of Tomatoes, crushed with juice
1/2 to 1 cup of Water
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 envelope Onion Soup mix
1 tsp. Rosemary

Salt
Pepper
Flour for dredging Steak



1. Salt and Pepper Steak to taste. Coat with flour. Brown meat in skillet in some oil ( I use Olive)
2. Put browned Steaks into a large pot. ( A dutch oven works well )
3. Combine Tomatoes, Water, Garlic, Onion, Onion Soup mix and Rosemary and pour over meat.
4. Bring to a boil, then turn on low and let simmer for 1and 1/2 hours.
5. Serve over Mashed Potatoes or Rice.

This was very tasty and the Steak was very tender. Last night we had this with mashed Potatoes and Green Beans. Today for lunch I had leftovers with Rice. I have to say I enjoyed it more with the rice as I am not much of a mashed Potato kind of a gal. I think next time I will try to make this in my beloved Crock Pot, maybe cook it on low for 4-6 hours. I will update this post once I try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment