Thursday, November 8, 2012

Viennese Coffee/ Day 8

Today was my DD turn to cook. I love not having to worry about dinner two nights a week and it gives my girls some important training. I decided on nights when it's not my turn to cook I will fire up my slow cooker for something else. So tonight it was a little after dinner treat/ Nightcap.

Viennese Coffee
3 cups fresh, hot, strong brewed coffee ( I just made my coffee double strength)
3 Tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup creme de cacao or Irish cream ( optional)
Whipped cream ( optional)
chocolate shavings ( optional)

- combine coffee, chocolate syrup and sugar in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours. Stir in  whipping cream and creme de cacao, if desired. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle coffee into coffee cups. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.

What I thought. This was a really nice treat. I usually don't drink much, but for this I added Irish Cream and indulged by myself. This is a very nice after dinner option for desert.
-----Since it does contain alcohol it needs to be a nice adults only treat. yum!-----

No comments:

Post a Comment